Monday, November 03, 2008

Tag


So, I was tagged by Jen a while back and forgot. Now, I have insomnia and I'm doing something about it. Without further ado:

1. I have insomnia BAD. A few times a month (like tonight, most likely), I'm up close to all night long. I've had this problem since high school. I have memories of baking cookies and cleaning my room in the middle of the night, and then going straight to school without having slept at all. During my most recent bouts of insomnia, the only thing I have the energy to do is surf the net and watch backlogged episodes of House Hunters on DVR.

2. I love rhubarb. I'll buy it pretty much any time I see it at the grocery store, and go straight home and make a pie out of it...and then pretty much eat it all myself since my husband is too disciplined to eat pie. If you've never seen rhubarb, it looks like red celery:)

3. When I'm nervous or deep in thought, I rub my eyebrows. I just love the way they feel.

4. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I put my foot in my mouth a lot. I have little tolerance for social norms and hierarchies. I am not a fan of status quo. As a pastor's wife, this sometimes works for me, and is sometimes to my detriment. But I think there is little chance that I am going to change any time soon, so I work on not insulting people, and then I just roll with the rest...

5. I love completely useless television. I am currently a fan of "Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Making the Team, Season 3" on CMT. I LOVE it. I really don't know why. I also enjoy "The Hills," and "The Real Housewives of Orange County." Please don't judge me.

6. I hate small talk and I'm terrible at it. I recently left a party in tears because Dave was absorbed by the masses, and I was left alone to make chit-chat with people I hardly knew. It felt like a junior high school dance all over again. For this same reason, I also despise talking on the telephone.

7. I try to keep a bag of tootsie rolls in my freezer at all times. They're better frozen because they take longer to eat...though I usually can't stop with just one handful:)

According to the rules, I am supposed to "tag" seven other people. Quite honestly, I don't even know seven other people who blog. I don't even know if seven people read THIS blog. Sorry, no tags tonight.

7 comments:

Creativeoutletter said...

Hey Sarah,

Guilty, here's one of your blog readers. I really enjoy your writesels (sorry, Dutch English). They are refreshing and honest. And they have a kind of Dutchness (here I go again) over them which I can relate to.
Keep writing. Puszi from Holland,
Sanne

Coleen said...

Love you, Sarah!

The Unlikely Pastor's Wife said...

How cool you have a reader from Holland!
That offsets you knowing 7 people who blog :-)

I love your useless tv watching....I would never judge...but i did giggle ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Keep writing!

Sarah said...

And I, too, always find my way to your blog, when I have a few free minutes. Which translates to about once a month or so. But you're always on my list of blogs I need to go see!

Anyway, I'm so glad you mentioned leaving a party in tears b/c you hate small talk ... and the direct correlation to the phone. I am exactly the same. Hate, hate, hate it. I'm a lousy call-backer. And I'd rather not go to any social event if it will only be small talk. Ugh!

And frozen tootsie rolls? Hmm.

Anonymous said...

I learned some new things about you! - Megan Sue

Anonymous said...

t's such a great site. cool, acutely fascinating!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony Mozgowe[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://sensible.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,1596/]opony[/url]