Saturday, November 01, 2008

Flower Power

For the past several months, I have found an outlet of sorts with a group of girls in Eufaula. All of us have three year olds and way too much laundry, so we can relate. Last week, the four of us took a floral arranging class where we made these amazing cornucopia centerpieces. Times when I get to be creative make me realize how much of my time is spent maintaining: putting things away, cleaning up, organizing, making meals, washing little faces, brushing teeth and wiping bottoms. I really don't mind doing these things. In fact, I love taking care of my family, but I get so wrapped up in day-to-day stuff that I can easily forget how much more there is to life. Every once in a while, spending an hour playing with flowers is heaven.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What fun~! It is so important to have something else - anything else ...