Monday, May 19, 2008

Second Child Syndrome

Here is Sadie engaged in one of her favorite activities


The other day as I was going back through some of my older posts, I realized that I haven't written much about my youngest child. So, I thought I would write a brief sketch of her life as a 14 month old.

Sadie: Destructively Delicious
Despite the fact that she takes everything out of every drawer she can find a way into and loves to splash in toilet water (especially after sister has forgotten to flush), little Sadie is a doll. This morning, Dave brought her in to bed with us before anyone else was awake. She layed down on the pillow between us and took turns kissing me, then Dave, back and forth for about 5 minutes, then curled up beside me for snuggle time. Currently, her favorite book is Moo-Baa-La La La by Sandra Boynton, though Barnyard Dance, Runaway Bunny and Goodnight Moon are also big hits. Sadie talks a lot, all the time and tries to copy many simple words I say to her. Her current lexicon includes: Daddy (both Dave and I are "daddy" at this point), Mimi (Amelia), kitty, doggy, tree, baby, nana (banana), hi, bye-bye, hot and duck. She also has become proficient in the baby signs for "please" and "thank-you." She loves to dance to old funk favorites like "Brick House" and "Jungle Boogie". She loves milk and grapes and quesadillas and peanut butter sandwiches. She loves to rub food in her hair. She loves to follow Amelia around the house and steal her toys. She loves to be held. She loves her dad. She does not love afternoon naps or the word "no." She does not love the nursery worker at church. She wants to be bigger than she is. She is loved beyond measure.


And there you have it, my sweet Sadie in 5oo words or less. Sorry, that it took mommy this long to give you some blog time!

No comments: