Sunday, February 12, 2006

Cure for the Winter Blues

O.K., so maybe the term "winter blues" means something a little different in San Diego than it does in, say, North Dakota, but everyone everywhere gets the blahs once in a while. Especially during this time of year in California when it is too warm to wear a sweater, but not warm enough for a tank top. Well, I think I may have found a remedy. On Saturday, I had my first legitimate haircut in over two years. And by "legitimate," I mean that it cost more than ten dollars and I wasn't left with hair that was longer on one side than the other. Yep, I splurged and got the real deal...It was a scalp-scrubbin', deep-conditioning, leave -with- a- free- bottle- of- hair-straightener good time. My hairdresser Kevin is a magician, I'm convinced. I sat down in his chair a frumpy, over-extended hausfrau and left the place feeling like a Pantene model, swinging my new coif from side to side and casting flirty glances at myself in full length mirrors. For anyone out there in need of an end of winter pick-me-up, I highly recommend a good haircut. It's amazing what a little snip-snip will do for the spirit.

No comments: