Saturday, January 21, 2006

Backgammon and Frozen Pizza

I am a teacher and a mom and a wife. My life is not particularly interesting; my students would likely classify it as "boring," if only they knew that a saucy Saturday night in my house often involves a frozen pizza, a few games of backgammon and 48 Hours Mystery. Nevertheless, at present, my life is fuller than I can handle. I love my vocation ( but not necessarily my job) and adore my family, but have forgotten who I am apart from those two things. Before I met my husband, I could fill volume upon volume of journals. Then, instead of pouring out my heart to the pages, I poured my heart out to him and slowly lost the desire to write altogether. I want to find that again. If anyone reads this or not is immaterial to me; I just think I needed a potential audience in order to reclaim my voice.

2 comments:

Mel said...

What a perfect way to describe how we can lose track of our "voice." So true, so easy to do and so hard to find it again. I look forward to reading your insights and musings.

Mrs. Burgess said...

Hi! Do you guys still have your blog? I tried to look it up, but couldn't find it.